Tuesday, November 11, 2014

PADDU


                                                                               ಪಡ್ದು    

 Paddu,gunthponglu or paniyaram this dish have these names in different languages & also preparation of this is different usually,this is prepared by using dosa or idlii batter.but I don't like that taste much,not only me in my home no one likes.i got separate recipe for this paddu from one of my friend,from that day I follow her recipe,uptil now it is hit in my family,everyone likes.so today I want to share with u all..

Ingredients;
1 cup urad dal
2 cups rice
1 &1/2 tbsp poha
1/2 to 1 tsp fenugreek seeds( optional)

Method:
1. Soak separately rice & urad dal ( soak poha with urad dal) for 5-6 hrs.

2. Firstly,grind rice to smooth paste then grind uraddal & poha to smooth paste adding sufficient water.( batter shuld be in between thick & thin)mix both in a wide bowl.

3. Leave it to ferment whole night.

4. Next morning add salt & mix.

5. Heat paddu making tava & brush with some oil & pour spoon full of batter & sprinkle little oil & cover & cook on medium flame.

6. When one side turns golden colour remove & cook another side until it's colour changes & done.

7. Remove & serve hot with chutney or any other side you like.




No comments: